Active and Passive voice | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Rewrite the following sentences in passive voice using the progressive/continuous present tense:
Ex: The workers are repairing the bridge. → The bridge is being repaired by the workers.
1. Tina is drinking a cup of coffee.
2. My father is washing the car.
3. Is she preparing the wedding?
4. Sam is milking the cows.
5. She is taking a picture of him.
6. I am writing a poem.
7. Are they talking about the party?
8. We are not playing baseball.
9. He is not wearing a hat.
10. Is she following the neighbours?
- A cup of coffee is being drunk by Tina.
- The car is being washed by my father.
- Is the wedding being prepared by her?
- The cows are being milked by Sam.
- A picture of him is being taken by her.
- A poem is being written by me.
- Is the party being talked about by them?
- Baseball is not being played by us.
- A hat is not being worn by him
- Are the neighbours being followed by her?