Active and Passive voice | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Rewrite the following sentences in a passive voice:
Ex: Everybody loves him. → He is loved by everybody.
1. The hunter shot the tiger.
2. Who taught you Japanese?
3. My boss will send you the email.
4. She has not cheated anybody.
5. Have you written the letter?
6. They have cleaned the room.
7. The zookeepers have captured the bear in the forest.
8. He made an incredible discovery.
9. He wrote an interesting book.
10. Ms Kamigawa teaches us Japanese.
11. The teacher helped her.
12. The police took the thieves to jail.
13. Sarah rescued two cats.
14. Have the police caught the man?
15. The earthquake damaged the building.
- The tiger was shot by the hunter.
- By whom were you taught Japanese?
- You will be sent the email by my boss.
- Nobody has been cheated by her.
- Has the letter been written by you?
- The room has been cleaned by them.
- The bear has been captured by the zookeepers in the forest.
- An incredible discovery was made by him.
- An interesting book was written by him.
- We are taught Japanese by Ms Kamigawa.
- She was helped by the teacher.
- The thieves were taken to jail by the police.
- Two cats were rescued by Sarah.
- Has the man been caught by the police?
- The building was damaged by the earthquake.