Active and Passive voice | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Rewrite the following sentences in a passive voice:
Ex: Everybody admired your last book. → Your last book was admired. (by everybody)
1. They must have left the keys behind.
2. The spider scared her.
3. A jellyfish stung her while she was swimming.
4. Do not leave your bicycle in the hall.
5. Our neighbors have invited us to dinner.
6. They gave her a nice present.
7. Dad promised me a new console.
8. James will repair the car.
9. An unknown author wrote the book.
10. The headmaster will contact you.
- The keys must have been left behind.
- She was scared by the spider.
- She was stung by a jellyfish while she was swimming.
- Bicycles must not be left in the hall.
- We have been invited to dinner (by our neighbors)
- She was given a nice present.
- I was promised a new console.
- The car will be repaired by James.
- The book was written by an unknown author.
- You will be contacted by the headmaster.