Compound Adjectives | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
By combining the bold words in the first sentence, form a compound adjective that you will use in the second sentence.
Don’t forget to add a dash between the words that make it up:
Ex: work eight hours every day → I work an eight-hour day
- This vehicle is moving slowly. This is a slow-moving vehicle.
- This drink is as cold as ice. This is an ice-cold drink.
- This cat is one years old. This is a one-year-old cat.
- This woman has a high level of education. This is a higly-educated woman.
- This movie lasts two hours. This is a two-hour movie.
- This campaign has been organized well. This is a well-organized campaign.
- This opera singer is famous all over the world. This is a world-famous opera singer.
- This sandwich is six inches long. This is a six-inch sandwich.
- This diet is free of meat. This is a meat-free diet.
- This motorcycle has been cared for very well. This is a well-cared-for motorcycle.