English Vocabulary Exercises | Feelings and Emotions
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following dialogues with these words:
amazed | disgusted | exhausted | horrified | stunned | terrified
1. You must have been quite frightened when the pilot announced that he was going to land in Kuwait.
> I was absolutely .
2. Did you say you saw people in the sea?
> Yes! In the middle of winter! I was absolutely .
3. What a long day! You must be tired.
> I’m absolutely .
4. Did you see the news last night? English football fans in trouble again! I don’t know what they’re thinking about.
> Yes, I was absolutely . I just don’t understand why they have to do it.
5. I hear Tony’s just lost his job. How’s he taking it?
> He was absolutely . He thought he had a job for life.
6. Did you read about the murder of that little girl?
> Yes, I think the whole country is that that sort of thing can happen.