English Vocabulary Exercises | Food
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Problems with food: Complete the sentences with the following words:
stale | burnt | ripe | sour | rotten | fresh
1. I’m afraid l’ve done it again! The toast’s . I’ll make some more.
2. I wouldn’t drink that milk if I were you. It doesn’t smell very
3. This milk tastes a bit . Did somebody forget to put it back in the fridge again?
4. I can’t believe it. I only bought this bread yesterday. It’s already!
5. Some of these apples are and I only bought them at the weekend.
6. I’d leave these bananas for another day. They‘re not yet.