English Vocabulary Exercises | Love
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Use the expressions in the following situations:
- finished with | never stop fighting | split up | had a huge row | weren’t right for
1. Do you think I should invite Jeff and Sue to the party?
> Haven’t you heard? They’ve finally decided to
2. Didn’t you know I’m not seeing James any more? I him last week. It was line while it lasted, but I think we both knew we each other.
3. We invited Dave and Kate over for dinner last Saturday. It was really embarrassing. They and Kate went home in the middle of the main course.
4. Julie and Dave I’m surprised they stay together.
- split up
- finished with / weren’t right for
- had a huge row
- never stop fighting