English Vocabulary Exercises | Personality
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the dialogues with the following words:
fussy | pushy | selfish | pessimistic | intolerant | optimistic
1. I know I’m going to get this job – the interview went so well.
> I think you’re being a bit . Hundreds of people have applied for it.
2. I’m trying to persuade Liz to give up her job and come and live with me in Scotland.
> Aren’t you being a bit ? You know how important her career is.
3. l’ve looked at fifteen ﬂats and I haven’t seen one l really like.
> Don‘t you think you’re being a bit ? You’ll never find one that’s perfect.
4. Why haven’t they phoned me back? I know I’m not going to get this job.
> Aren’t you being a bit ? You only had the interview yesterday.
5. Do you think Ann will come on holiday with me?
> Slow down! You’ve only just met her! Aren’t you being a bit ?
6. I hope Bob doesn’t become manager. I don’t like his accent.
> Don’t you think you’re being a bit ? You can’t dislike him just because of the way he speaks!