Passive voice – Exercise with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following sentences by putting the verb in brackets in the past participle:
Ex: The pen was _____ by Paul. (take) → The pen was taken by Paul.
1. The video was ______ on Facebook by Alex. (post) →
2. The house was ______ in 1869. (build) →
3. ‘Born in the USA’ was ______ by Bruce Springsteen. (write) →
4. The civilian was ______ . (shoot) →
5. All his credit cards were ______ last week. (steal) →
6. Some flowers were ______ to Tina. (give) →
7. English is ______ by a lot of people. (understand) →
8. A secret was ______ to me. (tell) →
9. A song was ______ by the student. (write) →
10. The Mona Lisa was ______ by Leonardo Da Vinci. (paint) →
- The video was posted on Facebook by Alex.
- The house was built in 1869.
- ‘Born in the USA’ was written by Bruce Springsteen.
- The civilian was shot.
- All his credit cards were stolen last week.
- Some flowers were given to Tina.
- English is understood by a lot of people.
- A secret was told to me.
- A song was written by the student.
- The Mona Lisa was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci.