Past simple and Past continuous exercises with answers (2/2)
Click here to download this exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following sentences with past simple or past continuous:
1. While Charles (watch) soccer on TV, Wendy (listen) to the radio.
2. When I (walk) down Queen Street, I (discover) a wonderful store.
3. The angry little boy (throw) her toy onto the floor and(stamp) her foot.
4. I (receive) your email while I (sit) in the hospital waiting room.
5. When Tina (be) little, she (hate) the smell of broccoli.
- While Charles was watching soccer on TV, Wendy was listening to the radio.
- When I was walking down Queen Street, I discovered a wonderful store.
- The angry little boy threw her toy onto the floor and stamped her foot.
- I received your email while I was sitting in the hospital waiting room.
- When Tina was little, she hated the smell of broccoli.