Present perfect simple and continuous exercises with answers (2/2)
Click here to download this exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following sentences with present perfect simple or continuous tense:
1. I (study) all day, but I am afraid I (learn/not) much.
2. Tom (eat) two hamburgers today.
3. The boy’s clothes are dirty because he (play) in the mud.
4. I (arrive/just) at the station.
5. We are exhausted because we (do) exercise all afternoon.
6. Simon feels a bit unsteady because he (cycle/not) for five years.
7. How long (you/work) for this office?
8. The kids (finish/not) their lunch yet.
9. kevin (watch) the film six times.
- I have been studying all day, but I am afraid I have not learnt much.
- Tom has eaten two hamburgers today.
- The boy’s clothes are dirty because he has been playing in the mud.
- I have just arrived at the station.
- We are exhausted because we have been doing exercise all afternoon.
- Simon feels a bit unsteady because he has not cycled for five years.
- How long have you been working for this office?
- The kids have not finished their lunch yet.
- Kevin has watched the film six times.