Present simple or Present continuous exercise pdf (2/2)
Click here to download this exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following sentences with present simple tense or present continuous tense:
1. (he/wear/a hat/often) , but (he/not/wear/a hat) today.
2. (we/have/dinner/now) although (we/not/have/dinner/normally) at this time.
3. (while/Linda/clean/the house) , (her kids/play/in the garden) .
4. I must hurry to the bus stop because (I/meet/Paul) in an hour and (the bus/leave) in five minutes.
5. Listen! (you/hear/that noise) ?
6. I grew up with cats but now (I/have/a dog) .
- He often wears a hat, but he is not wearing a hat today.
- We are having dinner now although we do not normally have dinner at this time.
- While Linda is cleaning the house, her kids are playing in the garden.
- I must hurry to the bus stop because I am meeting Paul in an hour and the bus leaves in five minutes.
- Listen! Do you hear that noise?
- I grew up with cats but now I have a dog.