Simple Past tense exercises with answers + PDF
Click here to download this exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the verb in simple past tense:
- He some pie for his grandma. (make)
- They (understand) why he did that.
- I (hear) this song this morning on the radio.
- We (speak) to them last week.
- She (spend) a lot of money to get this car.
- We (watch) TV for too long.
- My friend (forget) his girlfriend’s birthday.
- she (lose) some weight?
- She (give) him a nice present.
- When my dad (tell) this sad story, I (cry) a lot.
- Paul (choose) to study abroad.
- John always (keep) money in his pockets.
- We (drink) a lot of beer yesterday.
- I (sleep) on the couch last night.
- She (lend) her 200$.
- did / lose
- told/ cried