Simple Present Tense Negative | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the verb in bold in the negative form (you can use the contracted form – ex: isn’t, doesn’t…):
Ex: Sam writes letters. → Sam doesn’t write letters. OU: Sam does not write letters.
- She cleans her room. → She her room.
- You ride your bike every weekend. → You your bike every weekend.
- Tina takes nice photos. → Tina nice photos.
- They open the windows. → They the windows.
- He buys a new Iphone. → He a new Iphone.
- I am late. → I late.
- She has a cat. → She a cat.
- I smoke cigarettes. → I smoke cigarettes.
- He sings in a rock band. → He in a rock band.
- I eat dinner at 8pm. → I dinner at 8pm.
- She doesn’t clean her room. (ou: does not…)
- You don’t ride your bike every weekend. (ou: do not…)
- Tina doesn’t take nice photos. (ou: does not…)
- They don’t open the windows. (ou: do not…)
- He doesn’t buy a new Iphone. (ou: does not…)
- I’m not late. (ou: I am not…)
- She doesn’t have a cat. (ou: does not…)
- I don’t smoke cigarettes. (ou: do not…)
- He doesn’t sing in a rock band. (ou: does not…)
- I don’t eat dinner at 8pm. (ou: do not…)