Simple Present Tense Negative | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the verb in bold in the negative form (you can use the contracted form – ex: isn’t, doesn’t…):
Ex: Sam writes letters. → Sam doesn’t write letters. OU: Sam does not write letters.
- Kate is nice. → Kate nice.
- This car makes a lot of noise. → This car a lot of noise.
- You wear pants. → You pants.
- They speak English. → They English.
- I am from Spain. → I from Spain.
- We are from Germany. → We from Germany.
- Paul draws nice pictures. → Paul nice pictures.
- I watch TV. → I TV.
- We play football. → We football.
- It is boring. → It boring.
- Kate isn’t nice. (ou: is not…)
- This car doesn’t make a lot of noise. (ou: does not…)
- You don’t wear pants. (ou: do not…)
- They don’t speak English. (ou: do not…)
- I’m not from Spain. (ou: I am not…)
- We aren’t from Germany. (ou: are not…)
- Paul doesn’t draw nice pictures. (ou: does not…)
- I don’t watch TV. (ou: do not…)
- We don’t play football. (ou: do not…)
- It isn’t boring. (ou: is not…)