To Be Past simple exercises
Click here to download this online exercise about the verb to be at the Past simple (was / were) in PDF.
Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the sentences in the correct form (interrogative, affirmative and negative):
- (they / be / late for the meeting) →
- (you / be / in the garage) →
- (what / her name / be)? →
- (it / not / be / hot) →
- (he / be / handsome)? →
- (he / not / be my husband at the time) →
- (he / be / scared) →
- (why / you / be / late)? →
- (you / not / be / early) →
- (they not / be / happy together) →
- They were late for the meeting
- You were in the garage
- What was her name?
- It wasn’t hot
- Was he handsome?
- He wasn’t my husband at the time
- He was scared
- Why were you late?
- You weren’t early
- They weren’t happy together