Verb + ing | Exercise
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following sentences with the -ing form of the verbs in brackets:
Ex: What are you doing there? I (write) a letter. → I am writing a letter.
- She remembered (fall) asleep on the bed.
- You recommended (wait) until tomorrow.
- We discussed (move) to Italy.
- I finished (do) my homework.
- She stopped (smoke) many years ago.
- The baby is (cry) because he was hungry.
- When I woke up this morning, the sun was (shine) .
- I was (take) a bath when the telephone rang.
- When they arrived we were (have) dinner.
- Sophia is (learn) her lessons.
- The birds are (fly) in the sky.
- It’s (rain) .