Verb + ing | Exercise
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following sentences with the -ing form of the verbs in brackets:
Ex: What are you doing there? I (write) a letter. → I am writing a letter.
- Tina is good at (paint) .
- he avoided the car by (walk) on the opposite side of the road.
- We arrived in Paris after (drive) all night.
- My boss decided against (postpone) his trip to Italy.
- There’s no point in (wait) .
- In spite of (miss) the train, we arrived on time.
- We often have a holiday in the mountains. We love (ski) .
- I hate (cycle) . I gave my old bike to my sister.
- I like (run) in the park, it’s good exercise.
- Sam hates (shop) .
- My mum can use email, but she prefers (write) letters.
- My dad sometimes likes (watch) tennis on TV.