Vocabulary Exercises with answers | the Beach
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Complete the following expressions with the verbs below: Two of the verbs can be used twice:
- keep | go | get | cool down
- a lovely suntan
- out of the sun
- for a swim
- for a paddle
- in the sea
Now use the correct form of the expressions to complete the following dialogues:
1. This time next week l‘ll be lying on the beach in Spain.
> You lucky thing! I’m sure you’ll and make us all jealous when you get back.
2. Why don’t you take your T-shirt off?
> Because I don’t want to . The sun’s really hot today.
3. My back feels sore. Is it looking a bit red?
> Yes, it is. Perhaps you should for the rest of the day.
4. I’m not hot. I’m absolutely roasting!
> Let’s go and .
5. Do you want to go for a swim?
> No, it’s too cold for me. But I will I’ll just take my shoes and socks off.
6. The sea is beautiful. It’s so warm.
> Yes, I think I’ll myself in a minute.
- a. get
- b. keep
- c. go
- d. get
- e. go
- f. cool down
- 1. get a lovely suntan
- 2. get sunburnt
- 3. keep out of the sun
- 4. cool down in the sea
- 5. go for a paddle
- 6. go for a swim