Vocabulary Exercises with answers | War
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Use the following words to complete the sentences:
- deteriorates | disputes | process | escalates | involved | force
1. Most wars are caused by . over territory by different groups.
2. Often there are months of small, separate before the situation and into all-out war.
3. The international community is usually unwilling to get , but in the end it usually has no choice.
4. Pressure increases and someone – usually the US – puts together some kind of international to try to restore peace.
5. It is ironic that as soon as a war starts, so also does the peace .
- disputes, ethnic
- attacks, deteriorates, escalates
- force, process