Word order exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the words in the correct order to make sentences
Ex: green I bike my . → My bike is green.
1. finished homework you your have ?
2. had for Paul chicken dinner .
3. party a having birthday we are .
4. are TV at moment we not the watching .
5. party enjoyed much we very the .
6. room in their not children are the .
7. a Tokyo week were in for we .
8. learning is to swim how Kevin .
9. messy is Veronica´s very room .
10. Tina and John meet after school .
11. was movie boring the really .
12. cinema new opens week the next .
13. are what looking you at ?
14. home take father you my can .
15. she to father is her listening not .
16. a tatoo my new has friend .
17. is Barcelona city my favourite .
18. to breakfast school after I go .
19. Tuesday opens store on the new .
20. at the not moment at he is home .
- Have you finished your homework?
- Paul had chicken for dinner.
- We are having a birthday party.
- We are not watching TV at the moment.
- We enjoyed the party very much.
- The children are not in their room.
- We were in Tokyo for a week.
- Kevin is learning how to swim.
- Veronica´s room is very messy.
- Tina and John meet after school.
- The movie was really boring.
- The new cinema opens next week.
- What are you looking at?
- My father can take you home.
- She is not listening to her father.
- My friend has a new tatoo.
- My favourite city is Barcelona.
- I go to school after breakfast.
- The new store opens on Tuesday.
- He is not at home at the moment.