Word order in english grammar: exercise with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the words in the correct order to make sentences
Ex: green I bike my . → My bike is green.
1. homework friends my with their I help .
2. next sitting to friend my best is me .
3. go don’t there you why ?
4. meet I new I am shy when people not .
5. the now door Sam is opening .
6. twice grandmother week I visit my a .
7. to go this the library does bus ?
8. every day takes the Veronica train to work .
9. is ten past it quarter .
10. the are to movie tomorrow we going .
11. him the I told accident about .
12. her not ride she does often bike.
13. to walk likes school Linda to .
14. decided they what have ?
15. weekends work sometimes on I have to .
16. day sleep going all I am to .
17. on a you stain shirt your have .
18. morning never radio the I listen to in the .
19. talking friends on I am to the my phone .
20. doesn’t she sunglasses to wear like .
- I help my friends with their homework.
- My best friend is sitting next to me.
- Why don’t you go there?
- I am not shy when I meet new people.
- Sam is opening the door now.
- I visit my grandmother twice a week.
- Does this bus go to the library?
- Veronica takes the train to work every day.
- It is quarter past ten.
- Tomorrow we are going to the movie.
- I told him about the accident.
- She does not often ride her bike.
- Linda likes to walk to school.
- What have they decided?
- I sometimes have to work on weekends.
- I am going to sleep all day .
- You have a stain on your shirt.
- I never listen to the radio in the morning.
- I am talking to my friends on the phone.
- She doesn’t like to wear sunglasses.