English Vocabulary Exercises | Opposite Words
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Read each sentence and replace the underlined word with its antonym from the following list of words:
- full | close | old | out | slow | warm | smallest | quiet | never | float
1. Cindy always finishes her homework right after school.
→ Cindy never finishes her homework right after school.
2. The cold weather will return next week.
3. That is the biggest watermelon I’ve ever seen.
4. My uncle bought a new pickup truck.
5. Come in and play with us.
6. If you drop a potato in water, it will sink.
7. My dad has a fast boat.
8. Sarah is a talkative person.
9. The milk carton in the fridge is empty
10. The store will open at nine o’clock.
- Tim never finishes his homework right after school.
- The warm weather will return next week.
- That is the smallest watermelon I’ve ever seen.
- My uncle bought an old pickup truck.
- Come out and play with us.
- If you drop a potato in water, it will float.
- My dad has a slow boat.
- Sarah is a quiet person.
- The milk carton in the fridge is full.
- The store will close at nine o’clock.