Vocabulary Exercise with answers | The Kitchen
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences:
bland | raw | complicated | sweet | washed | salty | spicy | melted | thick | stale.
- The soup is too salty because you’ve put too much salt in it.
- The coffee is too sweet because you’ve put too much sugar in it.
- The stew is too spicy because you’ve put too many hot peppers in it.
- The stew is too thick because you didn’t add enough water to it.
- The ice cream has melted because you left it outside the freezer.
- This dish is too bland. You should add some spices to it.
- This recipe is too complicated. Don’t you have any simpler recipes?
- This bread is not fresh. It’s stale.
- These vegetables are not cooked. They are raw.
- This fruit is dirty. It hasn’t been washed.