Simple Past exercises for beginners
Click here to download this online exercise about the verb to be at the Past simple (was / were) in PDF.
Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the sentences in the correct form ( interrogative, affirmative or negative) :
- (I / be / at the pub last night) → I was at the pub last night.
- (the dogs / be / quiet)? →
- (we / be / in a supermarket when you called)? →
- (we / not / be / in Korea) →
- (I / be / late)? →
- (he / be / a football player when he was young) →
- (where / we / be)? →
- (you / be / okay)? →
- (we / be / too tired) →
- (how / the movie / be)? →
- I was at the pub last night
- Were the dogs quiet?
- We weren’t in Korea
- Were we in a supermarket when you called
- Was I late?
- He was a football player when he was young
- Where were we?
- Were you okay?
- We were too tired
- How was the movie?