Simple Present Tense Negative | Exercises with answers
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Put the verb in bold in the negative form (you can use the contracted form – ex: isn’t, doesn’t…):
Ex: Sam writes letters. → Sam doesn’t write letters. OR: Sam does not write letters.
- We watch TV in the evening. → We TV in the evening.
- Sam does the dishes every day. → Sam the dishes every day.
- She is very fat. → She very fat.
- The train arrives in the afternoon. → The train in the afternoon.
- We are ready to start work. → We ready to start work.
- I like coffee. → I coffee.
- I live in Paris. → I in Paris.
- She comes from Spain. → She from Spain.
- Kevin works in a bank. → Kevin in a bank.
- They get up at eight o’clock. → They at eight o’clock.
- We don’t watch TV in the evening. (ou: do not…)
- Sam doesn’t do the dishes every day. (ou: does not…)
- She isn’t very fat. (ou: is not…)
- The train doesn’t arrive in the afternoon. (ou: does not…)
- We aren’t ready to start work. (ou: are not…)
- I don’t like coffee. (ou: do not…)
- I don’t live in Paris. (ou: do not…)
- She doesn’t come from Spain. (ou: does not…)
- Kevin doesn’t work in a bank. (ou: does not…)
- They don’t get up at eight o’clock. (ou: do not…)