Grammar Exercise | The Imperative
Click here to download this printable exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
Give orders in English: the imperative
Example: do / seatbelt / your / fasten ! → Do fasten your seatbelt!
2. quickly / it / you / will / do ?
3. bike / my / on / jump !
4. ask / it / do / about / him !
5. them / your / sleep / let / bedroom / in !
6. the / you / window / will / open ?
7. him / it / try / let / again !
8. use / computer / do not / my / him / let !
9. first / the / take / on / left / the / turning !
10. mistake / us / not / make / let / a !
- Don’t leave me alone.
- Do it quickly, will you?
- Jump on my bike!
- Do ask him about it!
- Let them sleep in your bedroom!
- Open the window, will you?
- Let him try it again!
- Do not let him use my computer!
- Take the first turning on the left!
- Let us not make a mistake!