Past simple and Past continuous exercises with answers (1/2)
Click here to download this exercise in PDF. Answers are at the bottom of the page.
You can see exercise 2 here.
Choose the right tense (past simple or past continuous):
1. While Tom video games, his wife a book in the lounge.
2. He a number.
3. While I around the USA, I many interesting places.
- While Tom was playing video games, his wife was reading a book in the lounge.
- He stood up, went to the phone and dialled a number.
- While I was travelling around the USA, I visited many interesting places.